Sonam, Aishwarya Rai & the wrinkles war that wasn't

Add to Jamespot
It was meant to be a chilled-out brunch for the celebs on a Sunday afternoon. But L'Oreal's newest brand ambassador Sonam Kapoor unwittingly turned up the heat with a comment on Aishwarya Rai at the star-studded do organised by the cosmetic giant.

It was falsely reported earlier that Sonam Kapoor had blundered at the event calling Aishwarya a representative of 'a different generation'

But the Saawariya girl said that she felt honored to be on the same brand platform as Aishwarya saying: "I am glad to be an ambassador for the brand that Aishwarya is also associated with. I will never reach that level of success at which Aishwarya is today, but being part of the same brand family feels great

"The misrepresented reports on the Internet that L'Oreal Paris would replace Aishwarya Rai with Sonam Kapoor are completely wrong and we are shocked at what has been written," said a spokesperson from the beauty company in India.

About Aishwarya, Sonam said: "She is an extremely beautiful woman and I have always looked up to her. Both of us have worked with Sanjay Leela Bhansali. I feel fortunate that I had the opportunity to work with her husband Abhishek in Delhi-6. She is an absolute success and I would be happy if my career gets even ten percent of what she has achieved," said Sonam.

Sonam added: "I am shocked. Anything that I have said has been placed out of context and completely misinterpreted and I deeply regret any hurt that might have been caused to her. I have the utmost admiration for her and her career. She represents the young , modern, beautiful Indian woman with an incredible talent ."

Also seen at the event were Amrita Rao, Karan Johar, Ritesh Deshmukh, Manish Malhotra, Atul Kasbekar, Candice Pinto, Narayani Shastri, Kunal Kohli, Neelam Kothari, Anushka Manchanda, Zoya Akhtar, Shveta Salve and Chetan Hansraj.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You Can Comment Here!